- The Flu is a highly infectious acute respiratory illness caused by the influenza virus. It can affect people of all ages with outbreaks occurring almost every year, usually in winter.
- Flu is often self-limiting with most people recovering in 2-7 days. However, flu can be severe and can cause serious illness and death, especially in the very young and in the elderly.
- The flu vaccine helps the person’s immune system produce antibodies to the flu virus. The vaccine starts to work within two weeks.
- The most common side-effects and symptoms will be mild (e.g. headache, fever) usually lasting just one day. Your pharmacist will advise you on how to manage any symptoms,
- The flu virus changes each year this is why a new flu vaccine has to be given each year.
For appointment enquiries, please contact one of our pharmacies where our team will be happy to assist.
To book an appointment in one of our Pharmacies, please select the Book Now Button