Cerumol is widely used to treat problem earwax, or to prepare ears before syringing.
Who can use?
This product can be used by adults and children over 6 years of age.
Always read the product leaflet
Cerumol Ear Drops Solution is used to soften and remove wax from ears.
Adults, the elderly and children:
• Prepare a small pad of cotton wool, the size
of your thumb nail.
• Lie or sit down and tilt your head to the side.
• Use the dropper to put 5 drops into the ear
• Do not push the dropper into your ear.
• As the liquid enters your ear you may
experience a harmless tingling sensation.
• Moisten the small pad of cotton wool with
Cerumol or smear with petroleum jelly.
• Place the cotton wool pad in the ear but do
not push it too far into the ear canal. This
helps to keep the liquid in the ear canal.
• Remove the pad after one hour or the next
• Repeat twice a day for three days.
• The loosened wax usually comes out on its
own, but if any wax remains, consult your
doctor for possible syringing.
• Do not use for longer than 3 days without
consulting your doctor