• Medicare flight/compression socks help you to maintain a healthy blood flow on long journeys and reduce your risk of DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis)
• Medically approved aid for the prevention of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) on long haul flights/train/bus/car journeys
• Suitable for men and women
• Provide graduated compression
• Blood circulation is aided through the graduated sock supporting veins from the ankle to the top of the calf
• Also help reduce any build up of excess fluid and give relief to tired feet
• Colour: Beige
• Can be hand washed at 40ºC and dried flat
• An average ankle compression rating of 10mmHg.
Flight Socks help to prevent deep vein thrombosis (DVT) in flight. Research has shown that 1 in 30 passengers on a long-haul flight are at risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). The use of flight socks can improve circulation, relieving discomfort and helping to prevent circulatory problems such as Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). Your ankle has little muscle in it and requires more stimulus than your calf to speed up circulation. The knee length socks provide graduated compression to stimulate blood flow. Elastic flight socks or compression stockings will help prevent swelling in your lower legs. This is particularly important if you have varicose veins. Ideal for all journeys, The Medicare Flight Socks are available in Ladies sizes as well as Unisex. These Flight Stockings help to prevent swollen ankles and tired, aching feet. The flight socks provide a graduated compression and are endorsed by vascular specialists as a proven aid to circulation. Flight Socks reduce the risks associated with long-haul flights. Why wear flight socks? Legs are prone to swelling on long haul flights, partially due to the cabin pressure and sitting in the same position for long periods of time. By wearing flight socks, blood circulation is aided through the graduated sock supporting veins from ankle to the top of the calf. In addition to this, they help to reduce the build-up of excess fluid.