Vitamins & Supplements - Which ones are right for you?
With the new tax rate being implemented very soon on all vitamins & supplements in-store & online, we feel it necessary to inform you on just which ones you need and why, so you can grab yourself a bargain.
We’re going to break down the most common vitamins and supplements we offer and show you why they’re necessary.
Vitamin C is an incredible vitamin with multiple benefits from helping the immune system to reducing stress.
- Helpful in maintaining good skin condition, including lowering the likelihood of wrinkles and dryness.
- As an antioxidant, it can protect our bodies against free radicals, which can contribute to conditions such as cancer and heart disease.
- It may not be the cure for the common cold but is beneficial in preventing secondary illnesses such as pneumonia and lung infections.
- Often, it is taken in conjunction with zinc as an added fighter against the common cold as mentioned above.
Dosage: RDA for vitamin C is 90mg for men and 75mg for women.
Go to the following link to view our full range of Vitamin C products:
The promoter of calcium absorption, ensuring healthy bones, vitamin D is of vital importance especially to the Irish who have limited sun exposure.
- In older aged people, vitamin D can decrease your chances of getting osteoporosis and osteomalacia.
- Can reduce chances of developing rickets in children.
- There has been increased links between vitamin D and breast cancer, colon cancer, heart disease, depression and multiple other maladies. They show that those with higher Vitamin D levels have a lower risk of disease.
- Recent studies have shown that it can help with lowering blood pressure and low levels of the vitamin can lead to increased risk of Type 1 Diabetes.
These are of course a guidance and due to being in a country with limited sun, the necessary vitamin D increases. There have been studies that show that to protect against chronic diseases a daily intake of 1000IU is necessary.
The following link will show you all our Vitamin D containing products:
Overall, we recommend BetterYou’s selection of Vitamin D drops which can be used by infants too. Also, Pharmanord’s range of Vitamin D products are highly recommended. Click here for our rull range of Vitamin D products.
B Complex tablets contain a whole host of B Vitamins and play important roles in your body.
- Used to boost mood by increasing energy metabolism.
- Limit fatigue and stress.
- Increase mental performance.
Individual B Vitamins on their own have a range of benefits from Vitamin B1’s (Thiamine) absolity to maintain a healthy brain and nervous system to B9’s (Folic Acid) essential role in reducing birth defects e.g. spina bifida.
Dosage varies for each B Vitamin but our B Complex tablets we have available in-store and online insure you have enough to keep you going. We have B-Complex Tablets from Sona and Kelkin and individual B Vitamins too on offer.
Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplements are essential for managing heart disease and the fatty acids DHA & EPA are the powerhouses that do just that.
- Omega-3 can limit joint pain and boost the effectiveness of anti-inflammatory drugs.
- DHA appears to be hugely important in a baby’s visual and neurological development.
- Improves eye health as DHA is a major component of the retina.
- Improves heart health by reducing triglycerides in our blood.
Dosage: Currently there is no RDA for Omega-3, but most health organisations recommend between 250-500mg daily.
Centrum products contain a range of vitamins. They have products to cater for men, women and kids. Centrum supports metabolism and energy development with vitamins B, C, D, E and minerals such as zinc and calcium.
View our range of Centrum products right here.
Revive Active products contain the perfect blend of vitamins and minerals to keep your body in fighting form. Whether it’s protecting your immune system during the winter or stimulating your metabolism, Revive Active has a vitamin & mineral supplement to cater just for you.
View our range of Revive Active products here.
Oxylent are multivitamin drinks that deliver vitamins, minerals and electrolytes so you can finish the day as strong as when you started it. Whether you have difficulty swallowing tablet and capsules or you are looking for a natural way to boost your energy, Oxylent has you covered.
View our range of Oxylent products here.
We all know it’s vital for our children to get the correct vitamins and minerals into their body so they can be set for life. L’il Critters Gummy Vitamins gives your children a fun way to do just that.
View our range of L’il Critters products here.
If you have any questions or issues relating to our range of vitamins and supplements or are looking for further information, you can use our PharmaChat service to get in contact with us immediately or give one our pharmacies a call and we’d be happy to help.
Remember that the new tax rate is coming in very soon, so take advantage of our low prices while they last and grab yourself a bargain!